Sunday, October 9, 2011

Utah - Oct 2011

I was fortunate enough to take a road trip up to Utah with my friend Lauren and her mom, Martine. We rented a car and drove up there for General Conference. We got there Friday, I stayed with my family and they stayed with a friend. My mother, little brother Wil, and I went to the Saturday afternoon session of conference and were lucky enough to sit in the Deaf section which is pretty close up front. It my brothers first time going - he's 10. He loved it! He wanted so badly to go up and shake the Prophets hand. It was really cool to hear the announcement of the new Temples, especially Paris France!! (A Place we never thought there would be a temple)

That night as a family we went to Chuck a Rama for dinner, it's always fun to see what the kids want for dinner. It's usually always tons of Mac and Cheese and bowls overflowing with ice cream! They are a riot just running around getting whatever they want on their plate.

Sunday was just a chill day, relaxing and watching conference. That night was probably the highlight of the trip, we went down to a canyon - Wasatch i think - it was BEAUTIFUL!! Such rich fall colors in the trees and leaves, it just doesnt get much better then Utah in the Fall. Me and Mom went exploring and found a beautiful river with rocks as we watched the sun set. We had a fun BBQ with our cousins, roasted marshmallows and celebrated birthdays - my Dad, Tanner and Morgan (and was soon to be baby beckham - Lanaya and Clarke's baby who hadn't been born yet - but was born on 10/8/11, i just missed it!!)

I love spending time with my family, i was so lucky to go on this trip because I am not able to take any time off from work for the rest of the year as with Aaron (for the most part) so i knew i had one last chance to see my family until next summer.

The drive home was probably the worst.... I had the 24/hr flu throwing up and everything.... Not a good memory. But now I'm home safe and back to normal. And I missed my Aaron very very much.

Here are some pics!











lastly, the infamous wallace 15 passenger van! it's always coming in handy!

No comments: