Thursday, August 23, 2012

Happy 4 Years to Us!

4 LONG YEARS!!!! just kidding.....! Aaron and I were married on this day in 2008, and what a day it was! Spectacular, memorable, special, our moment in time.... I wish I could go back to that day and just soak in our love more! And i'll tell you, I had NO IDEA what I was getting myself into, Okay, maybe a little. But you seriously never know what you're going to have to face after your married. We've been tremendously blessed by the Lord and haven't had to many of those days but man is it all worth it.
One thing I don't want to forget to mention is how much my Aaron makes me laugh. Everyday. Whether he's making fun of me, at himself, talking in a funny voice, anything! He's always making me laugh or we're laughing together at something. What a beautiful thing laughter is in my life. It allows for pain or heartache to go away and fills my body with love and memories. Aaron is the best at cheering me up and putting a smile on my face. I never thought I'd marry a motorcycle fanatic or even an Elf. This guy keeps me on my toes. Heck I don't need children, just him. He's enough. He'll always be enough. But yes children will come... someday...
I don't think i've grown this much in my whole life then I did these past 4 years. I would not trade it for anything. My life with Aaron is good and I seriously can't believe how blessed we've been. God has been so good to us.
The Temple. Not just any temple.... they are all great.... but the one we got sealed in was incredible. 40 years to build that thing? Wow. It really paid off. My parents and both sets of Grand Parents got sealed there. Growing up we had a big picture of the Salt Lake City Temple and in my heart I always wanted to get married there. So many family members and apostles/prophets have been married there too. I just wanted it to happen. If I had married anyone else I probably wouldn't have gotten married there... but I did! It happened! And it wasn't out of the way for anyone? Except my little family in cali... but that didn't matter. My dream came true. And even better, we were in sealing room "A", that put a smile on our faces. A is our letter. We're a triple threat to some.
I love my husband and he means the world to me. I try hard to make him proud and in return he ends up blowing my mind with how incredible he is.
I am happy to say we're even happier today together then we were 4 years ago. To say we're excited to be together forever would be an understatement. Off to San Diego we go to celebrate and relax!! ((p.s. A little secret..... Aaron is VERY TALENTED at poems!! I was lucky enough to get a few before we were married..... here's a peek)) "This is where we get to see A little glimpse into eternity Where we make covenants with God Be sealed, smile, say yes, and nod This is the place where it's you and me This is how we grow together and be The happiest couple known to man Live the gospel, do the best we can" If that didn't seal the deal what did?! His good looks I suppose :)

No comments: