Wednesday, September 16, 2009

todays idol



I dont know about you, but I absolutely adore Miss Taylor Swift. (p.s. this is Aubrey writing....) I think she is not only one the of the best young artists of our day, but a great example and idol to young girls everywhere. She takes pride in standing out, working hard, being kind to others and being yourself. She was a guest on Oprah not to long ago, but her advice to the audience and young girls was if your going into the singing industry or in any other industry... be kind. It will pay off in the end, and not only will they become your friend, but you will be much happier with yourself. Taylor is amazing! And her lyrics, are even better! Some of her songs I can't relate to, but as a younger teen I definitaly could have and I would have listened to her songs and probably felt like I could feel a part of the song and feel like someone knew what I was going through. Taylor makes a point to be different. (At one point when I was about 17, I could relate to every single song on Avril Lavigne's "under my skin" album. And I felt so much better knowing I could listen to a certain song and feel so much better about life after I listened to it.) Her beauty alone makes me want to be more like her, but at 19, she's changing the world with her music and she really stands out to me as a person to look to for support.


http://www.taylorswift.com/


A couple songs of her that really stand out to me are

Fifteen
White Horse
Fearless
Change

*thought I would just let the little girl in me let you know I love Taylor Swift and her music! I just hope you dont see me driving down the road, because you WILL see me blasting and blaring her music! :)

1 comment:

TAMMY CLARIDGE said...

Hi there! I am Whitney Asay's cousin and just happened to get on your blog from hers. And I will have to say AMEN to this post because I LOVE Taylor Swift too for all the same reasons! I turn 32tomorrow and feel like I relate to her songs as well. I have the song Love Story on my phone for my husband's ringtone when he calls because our story is kind of exactly like that song. Anyway, just wanted to say hi. You and your husband are so adorable and I love your pictures.