Being at the funeral was wonderful, I got to see my family... my handsome little brother Sir William, my father in a kilt :) my sweet angel Paisley, my awesome sister Mackenzie and my beautiful mother. My grandmother was so happy to see all of us and was certainly overwhelmed with the love we all showed to her and grandpa. No Wallace funeral is complete without a bagpiper, that just makes it seem so much more real and in a way shows respect to our heritage of our Scotland ancestors long ago.
the final goodbye with the sons, and grandsons around the coffin
The Wallace Clan
everyone who showed up
Almost all of the Wallace Grandchildren
Grandma Cozettes kids
Grandpa and I
The headstone
my grandpas coffin
I am so grateful for The Plan and I know that it is real and true. Without it I would be so confused and lost. Families can be together Forever! One of the best things about this trip was that I got to see some cousins I havn't seen in years. Some dont go to church anymore and have lost their way... but just to show them that I know the church is true and that it is necessary for us to follow Christ's teachings to live with Him again, it was great to bare a silent testimony to them that the church is true. Hopefully this experience will bring them closer to God and help them realize they need to "come back home."
2 comments:
So sorry about your grandpa. Hope all is well!
you know, after i saw this post, i realized i want a coffin just like your grandpas...simply beautiful. and isnt it wonderful to know you will see him again?
Post a Comment