I'm trying to switch it up a little in the kitchen - My latest obsession is The Pioneer Woman, and she is the ULTIMATE mom/chef/writer... Google her, she will blow your mind. In a matter of about 3 days I read every single blog post she has written ever since 2007. That includes posts about her travels, book writing, receipes, family, homeschool, cattle ranching, pets, books, etc... basically EVERYTHING in her life! Anyway, her receipes are so easy, so delicious, and so fun. I havn't tried everything on her menu, but the ones that I have have been YUMMY! That includes the Beef/Bean Burrito, Pasta alla Marbolo Man, Super Sonic Breakfast Burrito. The next on my checklist is Dump Cake - basically a pineapple cherry cobbler and monkey muffins. Well, I strongly encourage you all to check out her site - once you see it you're hooked, guarenteed. This woman is MY kind of woman.
OK, so lately, my kitchen has been so bleak, so empty, so nothing... Not to blame the fact that I was sick for 4 weeks and am now getting back into my rhythum again and also my kitchen is SIGNIFICANTLY smaller and less prettier then the one I had in Idaho.... its weird how your mood changes when your kitchen is messy and not ready to cook in and somewhat ugly. I just avoid it all together.. sometimes days at a time!
So... without further ado I promise to cook in my kitchen delicious meals for breakfast - lunch - and dinner! Maybe not every single day, but at least once a day. I need to be more 'homemade', more 'mom-ish'. And if this is what it takes, so be it. Plus, my husband is much more happier with a good meal in his belly (don't we all agree with that!)
HERE'S TO GOOD FOOD!
No comments:
Post a Comment