Monday, May 25, 2009

Memorial Day

I've never really had a strong appreiciation for Memorial Day and I never had anyone I know die fighting for our country.. But I do have a couple family members serving in the Army. My Grandfather, LaVern Toone Brown, served in the Navy. He was assigned to Pearl Harbor but relocated before the bombing. He then served in Southern California where he met his wife Alda Marie. My grandmother also served in the Navy in the cafeteria and served to the sailors. They met dancing at a Navy Ball.

Then my cousin Amberlynn Walker (19 yrs. old) is currently serving in the ARMY, she's been through Basic training and is now living in Colorado. And her Husband is in Basic Training now, who's about 20 yrs old I think.

And lastly my cousin Morgan Wallace is serving in Iraq right now for the ARMY. He lives with his wife in Georgia and they are expecting their first child!

I really am proud of these family members who served our Country!
Grandpa:

Morgan Wallace




Today we visited Aaron's father and his wife in Idaho Falls and we spent the weekend with them, hanging out and having fun. Then we went shopping for all the great Holiday sales! Got a couple things :) Then went out for lunch to Olive Garden!! (OUR FAV!!) Then we've just been working on homework, enjoying the nice weather, made dinner together, and now watching the Laker/Nuggets game! Hope you all had a great holiday!

No comments: