My uncle & aunt picked me up in Rexburg and headed in the car with 7 kids and no leg room for 5 hours! I waited around at the hotel (AmeriTel in Boise) for a while. I just about cried when I saw the little kids! Hugs all around! We really enjoyed staying in the Boise AmeriTel because i work at the AmeriTel in Idaho Falls, so it was fun to compare and see the differences. The dragging part of staying there was that some cousins place to stay fell threw so I ended up giving one of them my $10 rooms. So I didnt get to spend as much time focused on my own family as I would have liked. Although me, Mackenzie, Mom & Dad did find time to relive the old days. We went swimming in the pool til 1:30 in the morning!
The next 2 days were spent having some "interesting" fun at the reunion. My uncle found a old western place covered with dirt and the only bathroom was a port-a-potty for 70 people! I still managed to have a good time. We went shooting too! My family and cousins have a lot of guns. Well there were also a lot of good kid toys and stuff like that. It was blazing hot though! One of my favorite parts was the Cousins-Party. We made some fun Italian Club Soda's and laughed like crazy! We sat in a huge circle and played a game, 2 truths 1 lie. And everybody tries to guess who wrote the truths, and lie. Now there was some pretty hilarious lies and truths! I think I got everybody tho on the lie. I'M PREGNANT! My parents mouth's just dropped. Oh it was good times. And trust me, i'm not. But everyone believed me!
Then when the reunion was over, me and my family headed down to Utah to visit some more family and Aaron met us up there. He spent the day with an old friend from Texas helping him paint and remodel. I saw my Grandparents and that was fun. Especially to feed their lambs. Then later that night Aaron met up with us and we went to the Oqurrah Mountain Temple Open House in South Jordan, UT. We didn't know till we saw it that it looks almost identical on the exterior to the Rexburg, ID temple! The stone was different but the shape and design was very similar. Moroni on the temple actually got struck by lightning a couple weeks ago! That was interesting to see. Then we went out to Applebee's for dinner! Yum! It was nice to spend time as a family again :) I missed them, and Aaron too!
That night me and Aaron used one of my employee rooms to spend the night in the amazing Hampton Inn in South Jordan, UT. OMG it was awesome! We loved it! I like having those cheap rooms! Then the next morning the 4.5 hour ride home on the motorcycle was.... uhhh... yah! Nevertheless I was sore for a couple days. It was fun though, and Aaron has convinced me to forever own a motorcycle. Wonder what else he will convince me of in this lifetime?! ;) Over all I had a blast seeing my family, I missed them so much more than I thought!
PJ feeding the lambs
I play the drums! dontchya know? JK
Love shooting those rifles!
Love these 2!
I missed her so much!!!!
Me and my cousins baby, Makayla!
Wil in the Talent Show! He planned on doing a Karate Routine, but chickened out. So he told some jokes!
Mac's talent! One of many!
The main room... Oh it was entertaining!
No comments:
Post a Comment