Tuesday, August 31, 2010

2nd Wedding Anniversary Trip

This year for Aaron and I's anniversary we went down to San Diego! Or as Aaron would say, "Saaan Diiaaaggooo". We had a blast! We left just this past Saturday morning and we went straight to the Go-Car Tours! We had the choice to tour Point Loma, or downtown SD, we chose Point Loma for the ocean views! We left on this tiny little go-car (almost like a bumper car), aaron drove the whole time. I can't tell you how many funny looks we got, but we laughed the whole time it was probably the best thing we chose to do all weekend.










After that we went to lunch at Phil's BBQ. We saw a special on Man vs. Food on the Food Network and it looked so good we had to try it. And they didn't disappoint!


We checked into our hotel at 3pm, and I just about collapsed when I saw the most beautiful King size bed! The view was good too, but the bed was breathtaking! Okay Okay, so the 17th floor of the Grand Hyatt was awesome too. Got both a city and bay view, so lucky!


Once we saw the pool outside the window we headed down there to check it out! There were actually 2 pools, one for families and one for 21 years and older. Guess which one we chose? So calm and relaxing, a bit chilly outside so we left and headed for a warm bathtub! I won't go any further...

We also went to the newly remodeled Mormon Battalion Visitors Center. I can't tell you how awesome it is! Such a great job on the videos, backrounds, just the whole experience was so fun. And we got an awesome picture at the end of it and got to pan for gold!





From there we headed to Old Town and just walked the streets having a good ole' time. And if you can believe it, in walking around one of the General Stores in old time, Aaron found me a key chain with my name on it! In all my 21 years I have yet to see a key chain with my name on it! Victory! After all our walking we headed back to the Hotel for a rest and then dinner at one of our favorite resturants, Chili's! We spent the rest of the night just watching TV, hanging out, exploring the hotel, and having fun!






Sunday morning after the most wonderful and amazing sleep in the King bed, we went to Seaport Village to get some breakfast and go for a walk. We ended up walking thru a Chevy Car Show. We love car shows! So we looked and took some pictures.




We couldn't really decide what to do next because there was so much to do! So we walked along Harbor Blvd. and tried to get some ideas going. We chose to tour the USS Midway ship! I've done it once before with my family but Aaron says he's never done something like this so we had to do it! How does that thing seriously float? Just amazes me. So we got our head phones on and strapped our shoes on tight for the long tour ahead of us!










After our exhausting walk around the ship we thought we would treat ourselves to a bowl of delicious clam chowder at Anthony's Fish Grotto! I swear Anthony's has the best clam chowder anywhere! San Fransisco's is hard to beat, but still. It was so good! Give me some bread, chowder, a sunset window view, my hubby and i'm in heaven!



We then walked along the boardwalk trying and deciding what to do with the remaining hours we had left, sad to say the Aquarium closed at 5pm... and the Segways were to expensive, Parasailing would have been fun, la de la de la, so we just went home! We were exhausted from walking that ship anyways. So goodbye San Diaaagooo, it was fun while it lasted!

I owe a big THANK YOU to my husband for making this trip possible seeing as I do not have a job right now (hopefully soon). And I also say THANK YOU to Aaron for making all my dreams become a reality. I love you. And here's to another 2 years and an eternity together. We have many more years to explore the world, and eachother! ;)


No comments: