Monday, August 23, 2010

Wedding Anniversary

It's that time again! Time to celebrate another year with my hubby! 2 years goes by so fast when you're having fun together! I can remember the day I got sealed like it was yesterday, I woke up so happy and excited, getting my hair and makeup done. It was such a beautiful day, the sun shining and I knew everything was right. No doubt in my mind everything would be okay and that this was the right choice. More importantly, He was the right one. We held hands walking into the temple, making sure we were at the right spot, where do we go? whats next? It was all so exciting. We separated and got changed, and after what felt like forever we were back together again, ready. We sat and talked in the Celestial room before getting married, this much older couple came up to us and said "every year on our anniversary we come back to the temple together." I'm sure they had been married 50 years already... I hope to do that too. We finally walked, went up an elevator, met with our sealor, and went into Room A (we thought that was funny because everything with us is the letter A). There was our beautiful families sitting, waiting for us. I was so happy to be there. The ceremony was so beautiful, and I have never felt the spirit overwhelm me like it did that day. I was such a cry baby. Everything was right, I was doing the right thing. I was forever sealed to my companion. I would have been totally okay with not having any wedding reception at all... All I needed that day, was the moment. That Yes. Just me and him forever. As we walked out of Room A, a calming peace came over me and I knew we had made God happy. He was smiling down. Then we got dressed and ready, and I was so happy for him to finally see me in my wedding dress. I knew he would like it. As we rushed out of the doors, smiles all over our faces, family everywhere, it was all just so perfect. Our perfect day. August 23, 2008.



And everyday since that day has been a blessing in my life. I can honestly say I love my husband more now that I did on that day. He's my best friend. My eternal companion. My personal comedian. I will always love him!

P.S. this is what my husband looked like when I met him! This is our first picture together at a BYU football game. This is the day is all started!

From there I went to go visit him in Rexburg where we was going to school at, it was SO hard being apart for 8 weeks!

This is another trip I made to Idaho, we went & stayed in a cabin with his family

This picture is on my 19th Bday just right after I decided to move to Idaho to be with Aaron :)

And this is the day we got engaged, only 3 weeks after I moved there!

1 comment:

Brad and Danielle said...

Congrats Aubrey and Aaron! Many more years of happiness to you both!