Wednesday, January 30, 2013
Grandpa Brown
My dear sweet grandfather passed away this morning at 8:45am this morning at his home in Orem, Utah. He was 88 years old. These past few weeks his quality of life was really declining and we knew it was coming we just did not know when. My mother and her siblings made daily visits and took care of him. They were in the middle of a transition into a hospice center so that he could have full 24 hour care. Then the past 2 days he couldn't walk, talk or eat. We knew it could be any moment.. then it happened.. He was finally reunited with his family, his parents, his first bride Alda Marie. His second wife, LaRue, took such great care of him. She is ten years younger, so she has a little while longer we hope. She was always known to me as Grandma since Alda died 1 year before I was born. I am so glad he could finally see her after all these years.
Grandpa and Grandma had 10 beautiful children!
My Mom and her dad
Grandpa and Grandma LaRue
Brown Family posterity 2009... The only one I could get ahold of. Grandpa has over 40 grand children and over 30 great grandchildren. This man loves family! I am so glad I could be one of his granddaughters.
I love my family heritage. I was originally planning on going to Utah on the 7th to surprise my little sister for her 7th birthday but now I am going on the 3rd and staying for her birthday. Jetblue was kind enough to waive my change flight fees due to my grandfathers passing. I am so thankful to them for doing that for me. I am so grateful to know that families can be together forever.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





No comments:
Post a Comment