Thursday, March 25, 2010

Inspired by the Future

I am a big fan of SELF magazine and they have great articles about healthy food tips, excersize workouts, nutrition, beauty secrets, motivating music, milestones, challenges, and more. I struggle with motivation but one thing I know I am motivated about is swimsuit season. This quiz confirms that I am excited for summer because apparently i am "inspired by the future" and summer.... well yes, that is in the future. but very soon future! :)

I am: Inspired by the future
Your ambition is to inhabit the earth for as long and as comfortably as possible, living right to keep all systems go—perhaps as insurance against a family history of disease.

Luckily, your outlook is a proven winner: Women who link healthy strategies to long-term goals feel less tempted by treats than those with a limited outlook, according to the Journal of Consumer Research. "With a big-picture view, you can tweak choices over time to fit your lifestyle."

1. Eat more ice cream. Yes, you read that right. Indulging in a daily treat—10 percent of your calories—helps keep you from feeling deprived

2. Keep score. Knowing your health digits (heart rate, body-mass index) can push you to improve them

3. Yum it up. R.D.-approved standbys boring your palate? Give old dishes new life with different seasonings.

4. Move it! Build walking into your daily routine: Instead of emailing coworkers, stroll down the hall for face time. "Getting up from your desk for a quick walk six or seven times a day burns about 100 calories"

5. Get hooked on a feeling. Good-for-you habits pay off now and in the future

Quiz: What's your motivation personality? go here: http://www.self.com/fooddiet/polls/motivation/motivation

No comments: